Sunday, August 30, 2026

Maybe Pink Isn’t Just a Color


Maybe pink isn’t just a color. Maybe it’s a feeling.

Lately, we’ve been surrounded by it. Here on the farm, we’re right in the middle of protea season—mostly the pink varieties, like Pink Ice. And there’s something about seeing them harvested and brought in from the field that never gets old.

They’re bold, sculptural, and unmistakable. We often associate pink with affection, tenderness, gratitude, and love. But peering into a truck filled with pink blooms, I find myself thinking about something much simpler: how a color can change the feeling of a moment.


Not only do I enjoy seeing our trucks filled with freshly harvested proteas, I love seeing them transformed into beautiful bouquets. What feels wild and rugged out in the field can suddenly feel soft, romantic, and almost delicate.


After spending so many years living and working on a protea farm, I’m reminded again and again that flowers have a way of saying things we sometimes can’t.

They can say thank you. I love you. I’m thinking of you.

Or sometimes, simply: Look at this.

Maybe that’s what I love most about pink proteas. The color invites you to slow down and soften for a moment. And right now, as we move through the season, I’m happy to be surrounded by lots of pink


Maybe pink isn’t just a color after all.

Maybe it’s a feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment