Sunday, September 11, 2016

Farm Life Inspiration: Visiting Pauline

Imagine a life where days are spent tending to the land on which you live. The food you eat is the food you grew. You get your hands dirty – and it’s always with a smile. Adorable dogs, cats, and cows grace you with their presence every day. Beauty is all around, and you never cease to notice it.


I first met Pauline Nogueira during the summer of 2012. An aspiring student of agriculture from the Campus de Pouille in Angers, France, she came to Resendiz Brothers to fulfill an internship requirement. Pauline spent three months here on the farm learning about protea farming –propagating, planting, harvesting, packing and bouquet making. It was a very memorable summer for me, as I not only had an extra helping hand, I made a wonderful new friend!

Pauline has long since return to France, she finished her studies at the university and returned to her village in Pamiers. Her passion for agriculture and farming has now become a way of life, her livelihood! I had the pleasure to meet up with Pauline again this summer and experience the beauty she sees every day on her farm in Southern France.



"No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth, and no culture comparable to that of the garden." - Thomas Jefferson










I am very proud of Pauline and the wonderful farmer she has become. I am proud of how she takes care of the land and the environment. And I know there are families who appreciate and enjoy the food she grows, for them every day is a farm to fork experience.

Thank you so much, Pauline! Merci beaucoup! I loved my visit to Pamiers and your amazing farm!


No comments:

Post a Comment