Sunday, November 17, 2013

Protea in Art

My love of flowers is very obvious, as I live and work on a flower farm and surround myself daily with colorful bouquets and my favorite flower photos. It's not often enough that we speak of the inspiration, the pleasure and the hope we feel when looking at one of these amazing gifts from Mother Nature. Their vivid colors and exotic shapes make us joyful while their textures add a unique feel. Flowers evoke memories and transport us to a more naturally beautiful place.

As a flower farmer, I am always inspired by the perfection found in flowers and thrilled by the way they impact and arouse all of us differently, which for me, is certainly proof of their natural artistic qualities. With that in mind, I thought it might be nice to share a few different ways artists have used protea in their work – some have used them to enhance beauty while others have used them to tell the story of life itself.











"I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers."
- Claude Monet

No comments:

Post a Comment