Saturday, August 31, 2013

What I Love Most About Life on a Flower Farm

This week I’ve been thinking a lot about my life as a flower farmer and the things I love most about living on a farm. Obviously, the flowers and plants are the first things that come to my mind; I’m passionate about growing flowers and would have to agree with Claude Monet when he wrote, “More than anything I must have flowers always, always.” It’s truly a blessing to be surrounded by these amazing gifts of nature.


However, flowers are not the only thing I love about living on a farm - there are many treasures to be enjoyed. Farm animal friends make life interesting and rewarding; the dogs are loving and protective, the roosters constantly reminding me of their presence and the goats give that all around farm feel.







This wouldn't be a farm without a vegetable garden and fruit trees that make our summer gatherings even more special with fresh homegrown fruits and vegetables.



And finally, there's my favorite equipment - trucks, tractors and a windmill to create that special farm-like charm.







1 comment:

  1. Awesome post Mel and great pictures. I enjoyed the read! Can't wait to visit again.

    ReplyDelete