Boronia blooms in a rainbow of colors ranging from: hot pink to purple, brown, green, yellow and white and they have interesting names like: Purple Jared, Moonglow, Lutea, Magastigma, Aussie Rose and Lipstick.
Here's what to look for when selecting Boronia:
- Buy when at lest 1/2 the flowers in a bunch are open and brightly colored.
- Choose bunches with a strong scent.
- Avoid bunches with wilted tips, yellow leaves or signs of flower drop.
And, some special care tips too:
- Keep cool at all times.
- Strip leaves from the bottom half of each stem and wash stems thoroughly.
- Re-Cut at least 1/2 of each stem and place in cold water.
- Always use a preservative as this will help keep open flowers looking fresh.
- Replace water with preservative enhanced water every day.
- Misting is a great idea, Boronia absorbs water through the leaves and flowers.
- Wilted bunches can be revived by submerging the whole bunch in cold water for 2 hours.