Sunday, July 28, 2013

Fun with Flowers at Ocean View

Another 'Big' highlight of last week's Fun N' Sun Convention was a trip to Ocean View where they hosted an Xpedition Luncheon amidst their gorgeous flowers smack dab in the middle of their flower fields.  It was an amazing experience - the food, the wine and definitely the flowers were all locally grown and produced in and around the Lompoc area. 














The flowers were truly the highlight of this event - fresh, colorful, abundant and totally irresistible!  So much so that I felt inspired to create my very own hand-tied bouquet, and that's exactly what I did!  I grabbed some clippers and off I went to harvest some sunflowers, stock, queen annes lace and hanging amaranthus.  What a treat - it's not every day you get to stroll through someone else's flower field and have fun with flowers!

 











Once my special hand-tied bouquet was complete, I stopped for a quick 'shot' with a lovely lady, Jana, in need of some California Grown Flowers!


Yes, even my friend J Schwenke came along for the ride and was definitely having Fun with Flowers too!


No comments:

Post a Comment