Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Lesson in the Vineyard

A few weeks ago I decided to take a short break from my normal routine in my flower fields and indulge in one of my favorite past-times - Cooking!  Yes, I love to cook, especially when the fruits and vegetable being prepared are grown in my garden or by another local farmer. So, I ventured off to The Ponte Family Winery for a Tuscan Cooking Class. 

The class was held in the Barrel Room, a special room Ponte Vineyard's designed exclusively for their Wine Club Members.


Chef Roberto Carboni our host and instructor, guided us through this savory Tuscana Menu: 
  • Panzanella: A salad of tomatoes, bread, cucumber, olives, basil and red onion. 
  • Pappardelle Al Sugo D' Anatra: Large pasta ribbons with white duck ragu. 
  • Scaloppine Al Funghi: Veal with mixed mushrooms. 
  • Dolce Di Ricotta E Mandorle: Ricotta and almond cheesecake.
 

Chef Carboni didn't just show us how to prepare wonderful meals; he was full of life, entertaining and even serenaded us in Italian.


My thanks to our Chef for a superb evening of food and wine! 


Great food, wine and "Flowers" - the perfect ending to a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment